Noel Gallagher hits the dancefloor at Warehouse Project’s Hacienda night
Ravers have been left stunned after spotting Noel Gallagher on the dancefloor at the Warehouse Project last night. The legendary nightclub was hosting a Hacienda event on Saturday (November 13), featuring a line-up packed with icons from the Manchester music scene of the 80s and 90s. But it was another member of Manchester music royalty who caught punters by surprise with his appearance, as Noel of Oasis and the High Flying Birds fame was seen enjoying the party.
: EXCLUSIVE – Noel Gallagher on ‘dreadful’ pandemic, ‘good lad’ Andy Burnham, and why he’s proud to have quit Oasis Images of the 54-year-old enjoying himself at the Mayfield Depot event were soon posted on Twitter, along with comments from surprised attendees at the event. One person wrote: “Great night at Hacienda Classical @WHP_Mcr including a brilliant DJ set from @peterhook.
“Even spotted Noel Gallagher having a dance.” Another said: “Can’t believe I went Hacienda with Noel Gallagher basically best buds.” A third wrote: “Cracking night.
Funny seeing old Noel bopping about like a massive Da.” “@WHP_Mcr I shook hands with Noel Gallagher last night… what a top fella,” said a fourth. Another punter added: “As if Noel Gallagher was just stood chilling in the crowd at @WHP_Mcr last night.”
Last night’s event, called FAC51 The Hacienda, showcased some of the biggest names from Manchester’s dance music history. The line-up included Graeme Park and Mike Pickering, David Morales, DJ Paulette and former New Order star Peter Hook. Ahead of his set, Graeme Park also shared an image online with Noel Gallagher at Mayfield Depot.
Noel, who grew up in Burnage with brother Liam, has previously spoken about his love of electronic music and the original Hacienda club before he found fame with Oasis. He told Mixmag in July it was ‘a real privilege to have had [the Hacienda] and grown up in that environment’, adding: “It was like ’88 to ’89 when the music was at its peak, there was no such thing as a music policy at the club. It was such a free time, and it was cheap.”
- ^ Warehouse Project (www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk)
- ^ Noel (www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk)
- ^ : EXCLUSIVE – Noel Gallagher on ‘dreadful’ pandemic, ‘good lad’ Andy Burnham, and why he’s proud to have quit Oasis (www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk)
- ^ He told Mixmag in July (mixmag.net)
- ^ Get more news, sport and what’s on straight to your email inbox by subscribing to the Manchester Evening News’ free newsletters here. (www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk)
- Playmobil 70049 City Life Hospital Ambulance with Lights and Sound
RRP PRICE: £47.99SALE PRICE: £34.99YOU SAVE: £13.00 About this item Fun with your everyday heroes: PLAYMOBIL Ambulance with blue light, siren and […]
- LEGO 31119 Creator 3-in-1 Ferris Wheel to Swing Boat or Bumper Cars Fairground...
RRP PRICE: £79.99SALE PRICE: £74.99YOU SAVE: £5.00 This LEGO fairground set features a 3in1 model with a Ferris Wheel that rebuilds into a bumper […]